Businesses outsource specific functions to make rapid change, acquire expertise not available internally or to focus management resources on a business’s core competencies. Over ten years ago ECI was approached by several utility clients and asked if ECI would take over the management of their right-of-way UVM program. In response, we established our Total Management Services (TMS) to provide utilities with an outsourced solution for management of the line clearance vegetation management program.
ECI’s proven track record of successful program management allows TMS clients to focus on providing the safe, reliable, least cost electric service that is so important to all of us who have become increasingly dependent on electricity. ECI deals with the day-to-day task of managing the right-of-way maintenance program with highly experienced on-site staffing focused on achieving utility-specific goals within budget.
ECI’s TMS solution takes an existing program to the next level of success. Combining our 40-year record of successful utility vegetation management experience with a highly skilled staff, proven processes, practical research, efficient data analysis and applications, ECI has a track record of improving efficiency, productivity, reliability and customer relations all within established budgets.
ECI stands alone in experience and proven record of performance.
- Improved program for over 200 electric utilities
- Leadership team with over 150 years of hands-on utility management experience
- The only management company with a proven record of success in managing the vegetation programs of utilities under outsourcing agreements
- Proven work planning, performance management, and outage reporting systems ready for immediate implementation
- An innovative management strategy that continually challenges traditional industry approaches and remains focused on the business objectives
ECI’s pioneering research has allowed us to break away from traditional thinking and find revolutionary new vegetation management strategies. Key research includes:
- Engineering studies into “How Trees Cause Outages”
- Sustained interruptions
- Momentary outages
- Customer satisfaction research leading to ECI’s Premier Customer Service Program
- Comparative analysis and process benchmarking studies
- Cost of deferred maintenance and benefits of prescriptive reliability
Process Improvement Tools
Processes to identify and capitalize on opportunities for improvement:
- Diagnostic program assessment
- Statistical documentation of risk
- Optimum economic and scheduling models
- Short-and long-term operation plans
- Management of change
Our TMS services include the following:
- Complete analyses of the current program
Vegetation management is not at the top of every utility’s core competencies, but ECI’s TMS solution embodies all of the services in which we excel.
- Development of detailed plans that align with client goals
- Development of annual right-of-way management plans for tree pruning, removals, herbicide application and mowing.
- Work with you to develop the most appropriate contracting strategies for contracted work
- Right-of-way maintenance contract development
- Soliciting qualified contracting companies
- Conducting pre-bid meetings
- Contractor selection recommendations
- Manage work assignments to contractors
- Inspection of completed work and development of re-work instructions
- Manage customer issues including work requests, complaints and concerns
- On-site professional forestry staff
- ECI senior management support and oversight
We specialize in vegetation management so you don’t have to.