ECI's Consulting Services group includes specialists in transmission rights-of-way management, distribution line clearance operations, and wood pole maintenance programs. We specialize in utility vegetation management issues, including everything from high-level program assessments to workload surveys and development of site-specific work plans. Whether you are a large investor owned electric utility, a small municipal or electric cooperative or a major gas transmission company, we have a service that can be tailored to meet your needs.
Hiring a qualified utility vegetation management consultant is not a task that should be taken lightly. As the industry leader for more than 40 years, ECI understands the vegetation management industry and can provide the technical expertise and knowledge that only comes with experience.
1. Industry Wide Knowledge of Best practices
- Over 40 years of experience developing comprehensive vegetation management programs.
- Experience and expertise gained through our partnerships with over 200 utilities throughout North America and the United Kingdom.
- ECI has literally written the book on electric utility industry best practices.
2. Technical Skills Augmentation
- ECI will provide the technical resources to supplement and partner with your existing knowledgeable team.
- ECI avails itself of a professional, technical, and support staff, including a group of specializedscientists, engineers, and field technicians, to help clients solve complex environmental and operations problems, through cost-effective management practices and state-of-the-art quality control methods.
- ECI’s senior staff has experience running both large and small utility vegetation management programs and truly understands program cost drivers and the unique challenges faced by vegetation managers.
- ECI’s cutting-edge research efforts are consistently integrated with our consulting services, ensuring that the latest information is incorporated into program development.
3. Proven Track Record
- For utilities that have implemented our programs, our projections have proven to be accurate. These utilities have also discovered that ECI's recommendations lead to increased service reliability, reduced long-term costs, and improved customer satisfaction.
Hundreds of ECI and Western ECI vegetation management professionals with a diverse background in forestry, utility arboriculture and other natural resources related disciplines provide Field Services to clients as part of our on-site support staffing services. ECI offers an array of Field Services including:
Work Planning Work planning has sometimes been called the locomotive that drives the vegetation management train. ECI’s staff of professionals thoroughly patrol distribution and transmission right of ways to identify trees and vegetation that can cause reliability issues on the system. ECI then documents work using state of the art software application and notifies property owners of impending work.
QA Auditing Auditing completed work is a critical element to any vegetation management program. It’s important that the job was done according to your specifications to ensure the highest system reliability. Poorly pruned trees, skips/misses and insufficient clearances can all lead to a reliability issue on a circuit that was just trimmed.
Supervision With decades of experience in managing UVM programs all across North America ECI is the logical choice when you need an expert to help you manage a district/region within your program. ECI’s staff of Utility Arborist’s are supported by decades of research in UVM best practices as well as practical hands on experience with managing operations.
Storm Response When a storm is bearing down on your system or even after the storm hits ECI’s STAT team is ready to respond. STAT is ECI’s STorm And Temporary team that is comprised of utility arborists specifically trained in emergency storm response. ECI’s STAT team can deploy quickly to any region of the country, typically within 48 hours’ notice, to assist in restoration activities.
ECI is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. For more than four decades, ECI and its affiliates have delivered research-based business solutions that optimize return on investment, improve system reliability and increase stakeholder value.
ECI and Western ECI are aligned to provide global consulting services to meet a broad range of client needs. Western ECI focuses on providing management and technical support related to vegetation management in fire-prone areas of the Western United States.
ECI / Western ECI is currently seeking energetic professionals who enjoy working outdoors and that value the freedom of working independently. Our field service positions are ideal for entry-level professionals looking to gain experience in the green industry, or for seasoned professionals interested in changing careers.
Our employees act as a liaison between the Utility company, their clients, contractors and customers.
We prefer candidates with a two or four-year degree in a related field. Successful professionals at ECI / Western ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more.
Individuals with solid tree identification skills, strong problem solving abilities, an attention to detail, and exceptional public relations/interpersonal skills best meet the challenges of a Utility Arborist position.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI / Western ECI! We offer exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential. Advancement opportunities include supervisory and management positions, special project work, and more. ECI / Western ECI promotes from within for our supervisory and management positions.
- Advancement opportunities within the company - Ability to transfer within the company - Full complement of benefits - health/dental/vision/ life insurance and 401(k) - Paid holidays - Accrued vacation and sick leave - Company vehicle provided - Employee clothing program - Industry certifications / training (internal company and outside training) - Put your Forestry degree to work